Cruise control is an option on the S and the R, and standard on the Rally (some early rally had the Cruise control incorrectly disabled).
Enabler code (p/n 63500980000) costs about £220, plus a replacement for the four-way combination switch which includes cruise switch (p/n 76011270100), about £78. Total about £300.
Something to be aware off: the cruise control is connected to the traction control: if the road you’re on triggers the traction control to intervene the cruise control will automatically disconnect. This is probably a safety feature, but might catch you by surprise if you go over a bump.
Order the combination switch early, stocks are low and the part may take more than a month to arrive. Your dealer can activate CC without the switch and you can install it later, but in that case there is a simple procedure to follow to sync the hardware switch with the software (thanks to CrazyCole on advrider.com for the details):
- Switch on the ignition
- Cruise control system indicator lamp flashes
- Press the newly installed control tip switch to the left for 3 seconds
- Press the cruise control tip switch to position RES/+ for 3 seconds
- Press the cruise control tip switch to position SET/- for 3 seconds
- Turn the throttle grip forward past the neutral position (Force it forward a bit, there is a switch on the throttle to disconnect the cruise control if you forcefully decelerate)
- The cruise control system indicator lamp should go out
- Switch off the ignition
There is a video showing how to install the combination switch and enabling it.