April 27 2021
- New recall for all models, with a necessary replacement of a spring in the front master cylinder.
February 8 2021
- Added the 890 fuel spigot protection as an alternative on fuel tank protection.
February 6 2021
- I’m back!
- Updated the text for Chapel’s still awesome bashplate and for AXP bottom protections.
- Holan updated their rack.
- Clarified that I have no intention to update this FAQ for the 890 on the about page.
- Renamed the “ABS Sensor” entry to “Brake Light Switch Sensor”.
- Updated TPM page.
- Updated some URLs on the windshied page.
- Added another ABS sensor cable protection.
- Added Viejos Pistones to GPS mounts.
- Suggested to carry a spare side stand switch, after all they are cheap.
September 26 2020
- Added a link to an awesome video showing breaking distances with and without ABS, using just the front or the rear, and using both in the ABS part of the riding mode article.
- Clarified a bit the forces on the front end posts.
- Added a warning to the front brake lever, to check the rod length and size before installation.
- Added a note on the Yoshimura, and added the Dobermann Performance to slip-on.
- Added the two available protections for the fuel pump spigot.
- More TFT protections.
- Added another fuel cap link.
August 17 2020
- Updated the coolant leak article
- Added wild@heart levers, Vanasche brake pedal and cleanspeed brake pedal to controls
- Added CamelADV Gut Guard to bottom protections
- Updated the Cruise control article for clarity
- Added note about fuel in cold start procedure
- Added a note about the gear linkage screws being a fixed issue
- Added a tips and tricks page. Send yours!
- Updated the shapeways GPS holder.
- Added the config menu to KTM MyRide.
July 31 2020
- Added Sargent Seat to the Seat article, and reformatted it a bit while I was at it.
- Updating the faulty ABS sensor article, linked it from the cruise control one, and added a bit about the possible cruise control failures, including the possibility of a broken clutch switch, detailed on the brake/cluch controls article.
July 20 2020
- Added the CJ Design offer to the list of fuel caps.
- Extracted and extended the crash bar part of the article on bottom protections.
July 10, 2020
- Added battery cover color to the differences between models
- Added another front post reinforcing plate, at a lower price than the existing offerings.
July 5, 2020
- Added Corbin to the list of seat choices.
- Put a link to Rottweiler Performance Power Plate in air filters.
- Added a 3D model to print a screen doohickey.
- Updated the steering damper with more road options.
- Added Outback motortek racks
June 28, 2020
- Added the offering from Rade/Garage to navigation towers.
- I got myself some more farkles for my bike.
- Revamped the page about brake/clutch controls. Added info about the brake pedal, and a note about clutch switches.
- Marked the post about pumps obsolete.
June 11, 2020
- Added a link to Undingen Android app that can play Google maps directions on the dashboard.
June 7, 2020
- Added a pic of the swingarm sticker about chain tension.
June 4, 2020
- Changed the title of the issue with the ABS sensor.
May 17, 2020
- Added seat heights for the Rally, in case someone has the urge to put a low seat on a Rally.
- Added the Magura hydraulic clutch conversion kit.
May 15, 2020
- Added possible failure mode of the quickshifter.
May 12, 2020
- Updated some details on the Rally model.
- Removed the reference to the Jersey shop shipping EU spec blinkers.
- Added a link to different windshield versions.
April 29, 2020
- Added a link to a thread on steering dampers.
April 26, 2020
- Removed one of the crap flap, no longer manufactured.
- Added a new windshield mount contraption.
- Added a link to a shop where to find the XRC steering damper.
- Added the Rottweiler headlight brace.
- Clarified a few articles, added links between the various articles on the fuel tank.
April 18, 2020
The confined edition: I don’t know about you, but I haven’t ridden in more than a month now. Stay at home, let’s beat this virus, so we can go ride again.
- Fixed all the places where I used breaking instead of braking on the riding mode page. Plus some other very minor tweaks.
- Small updates to the clutch failures article.
- Added Aurora Rally to the list of replacement navigation towers.
- Added a small comment on the Hepto-Becker crash bars.
- Kriega offers a OS-Base specific to KTM bikes, added to luggage.
- Added a new article about recalls, with details of the first recall on the 790 Adventure.
- Added a warning about optical image stabilization breaking when a phone is attached to a handlebar.
- Updated the tire article to add the specifics for the Rally.
- Updated the model table with more rally info.
- Added another possible source for a knob screw for the windshield.
- Updated the TFT Fog issue with the news that KTM stopped replacing those while waiting for a new part number.
- Added new options from Cyclops to the additional lights article.
- Of course there is an accessory from Touratech to use the useless grommet on the side stand wire…
- Updated the pics for the heated grips to show the correct sizes.
March 15 2020
The rate of updates will slow down a bit, please continue to send me content, nothing is lost, it’s just taking me a little more time to update the site.
- Added the side stand switch from Vanasche Motorsports
- Clarified the article on seats
- Updated the article on the rally pack to link to the modes explanation
- Added a link to the navigation towers in the windshield article
- Promoted the info about front end support to a separate article
- Added the info that the Holan racks requires removal of side plastics
- Added Leo Vince in slip-on exhausts
- Added rear footpeg sliders
- Updated centerstand with a warning about the SW-Motech arm sticking a little bit too much.
- Clarified the article on auxiliary lights mounts
February 18 2020
February 1 2020
- A whole new article on riding modes, going in depth into the configuration of all the various electronics aids.
- Added the MotoPumps articulated GPS mount to the long list of GPS mounts.
- Updated the Alarm system with more links.
January 13 2020
- Added a link on how the ergo heated seats work.
January 5 2020
- Happy new year and good rides to everyone
- Added a section on how to double the power available from the switched accessory connectors.
- Added a link to great research on the minute differences between 2019 and 2020 models.
- Added MRA as a windshield option.
- The Chappel bottom protection is now fabricated in NZ Under license specifically for that market.
December 24 2019
- Added instructions for opening the fuel cocks. Useful if you think you’re out of fuel.
December 23 2019
- More details about the G2 throttle tube.
- Auxiliary mounts are available stand alone from KTM (thanks floalex on advrider for the tip)
December 17 2019
- Changed the picture for the Altrider bash plate, and took the opportunity to revamp the whole article as it was a little long.
- Added the Touratech GPS Mount.
- Updated luggage with some Tusk offerings.
- Added the weird GIVI tank bag mount.
December 12 2019
- Added details on the pins for the handlebar levers.
December 10 2019
- Moved some articles from one category to another: Horn and Aux lights to electrical, ABS cable protection to protections. Old URLs are redirected, your bookmarks are safe.
December 8 2019
- Updated the power article with a link to a video showing how to dismantle the headlight.
- Updated the price of the Chappel bash plate (It’s going down!)
- Added a bit about the interaction of the cruise control with the traction control.
- Added a link to seal cleaning advice.
- Added a whole article on Navigation towers.
- I’ve installed heated grips on my bike, using the Slaven Racing throttle tube: Works, but the tube needs part of it to be ground away.
November 28 2019
- Clarified the article on how to reach the power connectors.
- Added the Lion GPS mount
- Updated the aux light article by fixing the KTM option pic, and adding some offerings from Lion.
- Added rade garage screen pricing details.
- Added a pic of the KTM crap flap
- Added a video about the clutch freeplay
November 18 2019
- Added an entry about the much discussed clutch issues on some rare bikes..
November 14 2019
- The feature you don’t know you wanted until you see it in action: the picture on the home page now rotates through the various models. Fancy…
November 12 2019
- Added more info about the ergo seat, and a link to seat concepts.
- Added the ergo seat install manual.
- Added a link to the GPR “compatible” exhaust melting the turn signal.
- Added the AltRider skid plate.
- Added a small note about the SWMotech centerstand clanking noise.
- Added link to installs of the GIVI light mounts.
- Added a link to an install video of the AS3 skid plate
- First published price on preorder for the AXP bash plate.
- Added a lots of data on replacement lowered replacement footpegs, Thanks to Kubcat who did all the research on that one!
October 30 2019
- Added an alternative choice to fuel caps.
This site has been hacked a week or so ago. And was for a while serving spam according to some geo localization rules. Of course my own geo location was not targeted, so I didn’t notice at all… Thanks to the people who send me messages to let me know.
After a fine tuned scan of the site pages I found weird code in plenty of places. I still don’t know how the intrusion happened, but after cleaning up the mess I installed supplemental security measures, turned off a bunch of services I didn’t use, and buttoned up the installation.
If you were affected by the outage, please accept my apologies. I hate spammers, and being ambushed while visiting my site is not something I wished to happen.
October 27 2019
- Updated centerstand with more details about the TrailStar gadget.
- Updated bash plates.
- Added BDCW rear rack.
- Fixed an error about the non-compatibility of levers from the duke 790.
- Completely revamped the seats article with the seat height of all KTM options on both models.
October 24 2019
- Typo fix in luggage.
- Updated AXP in protections.
- Added another clutch extender gadget.
- Updated Vanasche distributor in Europe.
- Added a link to another install of the HDB hand guards
- Added Mivv to aftermarket exhausts.
- Added multiple ways to mount an aftermarket light.
- Updated centerstand with the outback motortech and the trail stand.
October 19 2019
- Added an entry about the failing rear shock stories going around.
- Updated AXP and Bumot bottom protection.
- Updated XRC steering damper.
October 13 2019
- Clarified Enduro Engineering bottom protection.
October 6 2019
- Reformated the GPS mount page, fixed the erroneous price on the Vanasche billet aluminium mount.
October 4 2019
October 1st 2019
- Updated air filters with pics and more details about the Unifilter.
- Updated Mosko in luggage.
- Added Rade/Garage carbon plate, updated prices.
- There is now a facebook page where I post those updates too.
September 25 2019
- I get it people: Vanasche is a US company. Sorry. Stop sending me emails.
- Two new bashplates (and I know, rade garage is planning one in carbon, but until it is somewhere I can link to, it’s not in the FAQ).
September 24 2019
- Added the cold start procedure.
September 21 2019
- New entry on brake/clutch controls (short levers, clutch finger…)
- Added new entries to third party luggage, sorted in alphabetical order.
- Some copy editing on center stand.
- Added an entry on aftermarket steering dampers
- Added a ling to another aux lights install.
September 20 2019
- Added a new GPS mount (Orange!)
- Started an article on side stand.
- Added a GIVI & Madstad options to windshields.
September 10 2019
- A complete revamp of the available slip-ons. Added new models, sorted them, etc…
- Added a new crap flap
- Added an entry about the canister vent being correctly in place (and linked it from the bash plate install check).
September 6 2019
- Added a new skid plate.
September 5 2019
- Added the Twalcom offering to crap flap (Thanks Henning for the link!)
August 29 2019
August 26 2019
- Fixed chain tension, the procedure for lifting was incorrectly documented.
- Added a replacement throttle tube to heated grips.
August 25 2019
August 22 2019
- Added the screw fuel cap alternative to the fuel cap hack.
- Added Happy Trail to third party luggage.
- Added AS3 performance bash plate to bottom protections.
August 17 2019
- Added a pic of the Givi mount on a bike.
- Added a Denali mount to auxiliary lights.
- Added an entry about chain tension.
- Added an entry about tires.
- Renamed the Model category into Model and Maintenance.
August 13 2019
- Added fuel cap hack.
August 12 2019
- Added the GIVI answer to GPS mounts.
- Added Cruise Control to Models.
- Updated and reformatted Hand guard.
- Simplified and clarified the two luggage articles.
- Updated models and documents with link to KTM image bank.
- Replaced the front page image from a R to a Rally.
August 10 2019
- Updated crash bars, again. Actually revamped the whole thing.
- Updated Fuel tank covers.
- Updated horns with denali mini
- Updated Hand guards with an Acerbis install.
- Updated Puig in windshields
- Added Toolkit.
August 9 2019
- Updated Heated grip.
- Added new bash plates and lower protection.
- Updated air filters with unifilter offering.
- Added KTM additional light offering
- Added Keychain 🙂
- Updated Models with a remark about mirrors
July 29 2019
- KTM Center stand part numbers available.
- Added the Zumo valve caps to TMPS.
- Add the bash plate reinforcement form touratech to Bash Plate.
- Added Remus to the list of slip ons, updated wings.
- Updated tank bags
- Updated horn
- Updated power connectors
- Added Hepco-Becker to luggages and crash bars.
- Updated headlight guards.